Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wed.Nes.Day

Holy sh*t it's Wednesday already?
This week is speeding by, where have I been?


The Photo



The Scene... it's gloomy here and my condo is cold. My condo also seems messy, which it isn't, it never is. Maybe I've been watching too much hoarders?


The Song...the K.D Lang version of Hallelujah, way better than JTs.


The Advice...wash your face with cold water, it closes your pores and refreshes your skin


The Entertainment... this week was definitely devil-kitty. Devil kitty enjoys hiding behind walls and lashing out at you while you pass by, or running so fast up and down the hall causing my condo to sound like the Kentucky derby.


The Inappropriate...way to get attention, and that's through your Facebook status. Vaguebooking drives me crazy. Not sure what vaguebooking is? Vaguebooking involves a status update somewhere along the lines of "Laura wishes it was easier" or "Laura knew it was bad news" and so on, the status update that doesn't quite tell all, but warrants a "what's wrong?" or another pity comment. I get that we all have personal drama, but if you are looking to your 1,997 Facebook friends to lift you up, you're looking in the wrong place. This may be cold, but I don't log on to facebook to make sure you had a good day or to see if you're back in that relationship that you weren't in yesterday but were in the day before. I log on to facebook to stalk you.


The Obsession...is coconut oil. Coconut oil isn't only for cooking, it's amazing for your skin and your hair. I've been putting coconut oil in my hair the night before I plan to wash it (maybe once every 3 days) and I practice my french braiding skills. Leave it in overnight, shower in the morning as usual and when I blowdry my hair I'm left with super soft, super shiny hair - apparently coconut oil is one of the few oils that actually penetrates deep into the shaft [wait what?] of the hair [oh, ok] instead of sitting on top like other oil treatments. I've also been using it as an eye makeup remover (awesome) and on my skin where I have any little irritated patches. I've used it just after I shower all over my body as a moisturizer and my skin glows all day - it's honestly amazing. This is such a great alternative to expensive hairmasks and it works better IMO. You can buy coconut oil at health food stores - you want to look for organic virgin coconut oil, and it comes in solid form. Coconut oil melts very easily at around 24-26 degrees, so taking a small chunk and rubbing it in between your hands creates a nice silky formula that glides on to your skin or your hair, never leaving a greasy residue, or causing you to smell like a pina colada.


The Frustration...is with my coordination. One of the things I wanted to do this year was take dance lessons and I believe it was listed as my obsession a couple Wednesdays ago. I've always, always loved contemporary dance and am now in love with the classes I take. Problem is, 18 years of gymnastics is doing me a disservice. You should see the girls float across the room so delicately, their jumps so pretty - and then there's yours truly, coming down the diagonal like a horse [Kentucky derby]. Gymnastics is very different from dance, besides the fact that I can only do the moves on my right leg [these girls look perfect no matter what leg they leap off of], but I am so heavy on my feet that graceful is the last word you'd use to describe me. I can do the moves, but I can do the gymnastics version of them and it's not so pretty. I'm a coordinated person, but I can't believe how challenging it is for me to adapt my body not only to a hardwood floor, but to a softer, longer, more delicate individual. I don't want to do it my own way just to do it, I want to look like a dancer, not a gymnast [which I've gotten many times]. PS, I also have horrible turnout. Contemporary dance FAIL.


The Shoutout...is to a beautiful young lady moving out west tomorrow, to start a new chapter of life with a wonderful man and a much larger cell phone bill. You will be missed!!


Well, that is it, that is all - c'est finit.

xxLM

0 comments:

Post a Comment