Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Wednesday Mash Up


It's officially the Wednesday before Winterlicious starts in Toronto,
which means it's officially the Wednesday that I should make my triumphant return to the gym or any form of physical exercise,
I'm going out to dinner with a girlfriend instead. FAIL[for body]WIN[for liver]


It's also a Wednesday rambler - enjoy.


The Photo






The Scene: in the kitchen [all 200sq feet of it] drinking Jumpy Monkey tea, hair and makeup done, but refusing to get out of my pjs until it's absolutely time to leave. Tights are uncomfortable.

The Song... is "Breathless" by Tswift from the Hope for Haiti Now telethon this past Friday. Did you watch it? It was amazing.

The Advice... At night time before bed, flip your head upside down and brush your hair from root to tip - it will distribute your natural hair oils better than brushing while standing up. You can do this in the morning too for instant volume.

The Entertainment... Make It Or Break It is on tonight and I can't wait. What do I enjoy more than a cheesy, lifetime-esque, family show? A cheesy, lifetime-esque family show about gymnastics. IMO, it would be best to find gymnasts that can act and perform their own routines rather than trying to work with weird actresses who take the simple task of running down a vault runway and turn it into the Hamburgler running to McDonalds...just sayin'. Oh and the story line? Completely accurate. When I was in gymnastics I would always sit up in my bed late at night and visulalize my routines in my head while making semi-graceful arm movements. Barf.

The Inappropriate...first date. I am by no means a dating expert - but the idea of enjoying a date with a young man at a trendy bar downtown seems harmless. Add in his weird female best friend that tells you to hold out on him, his crazy ex girlfriend who appears at the same bar only to be invited over [multiple times] by your date to join the two of you for drinks, and unending phone calls till 4am after you leave the bar, complete with a drunken voicemail that includes the words "father issues" - this guy is definitely a keeper. @youknowwho - I hope I'm invited to the wedding!

The Obsession... Starbuck's sugar-free vanilla cappucino - bone dry. This baby comes with espresso and no milk, only foam, and its amazing. I'd take foam over milk anyday [thats.what.she.said.ew]

The Frustration... is vacation jealousy. I'm seeing and hearing about a lot of your vacation plans that are coming up soon and I'm green with envy. My mom is also just back from LA and getting ready to leave for Florida - wench. While you are all away enjoying the sun, sand, and various fruity cocktails [or vodka soda with lemon..ecch], I will be enjoying my company's vacation freeze from cold Toronto. Bring me back something nice.

The Shoutout... goes to the beautiful lady who had the pleasure of dealing with the inappropriate first date - who is beautiful, [very] smart, funny, and has absolutely no father issues. xx


Happy Wednesday.

xxLM

1 comments:

Nicole said...

I laughed too hysterically at the 'inappropriate'. I being the victim, couldn't have said it better myself. KK was a keeper... how did I let him slip through my fingers.

Post a Comment