Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The W.

Sales meetings usually fall mid week or take up an entire five day work week, ensuring a weekend to decompress soon after getting home. I had a sales meeting Monday and Tuesday of this week; needless to say, I'm turned around and believing the weekend is a lot closer than it really is. I have selected meetings next week and then in Montreal for a full week after that - why don't adults get March Break?

If you enjoy my Wednesday ramblers, consider yourself lucky I even remembered about it this week.
And next.
And the one after that.

The Photo




The Scene... a generally unremarkable day, blah weather and not too much noise coming from the street. The day has been a lot more productive than I thought it would be; I'm emotionally and physically lazy but managed to ace an exam, organize all of my appointments, schedule team meetings, start my prework for Montreal, and get my car in to be fixed. None of this has done anything for my physical laziness, but that's what 7:30pm ballet boot camp is for.

The Song... is Aha! by Imogen Heap. I couldn't decide between this one and Sleep, but Aha! is newer and pretty different from her usual stuff.

The Advice... "sometimes you have to let go of who you were, in order to become who you want to be" - Carrie Bradshaw

The Entertainment ... has plummeted since the Olympics are over. I miss the Olympics and not only the outpouring of Canadian spirit, but the strong sense of unity that fell over our Country for those two weeks. I hope spring comes soon, because the next burst of excitement in the Toronto air will come as a result of patio season. Toronto has three seasons: patio-with-jacket-and-heater season, patio season, and Winter.

The Inappropriate...way to compliment someone is undoubtedly the backhanded version. I hate backhanded compliments and generally see right through them. I understand that a lot of the time people aren't aware of what they are implying, but I know a few people who are very aware of the underlying meaning in their comments. Not sure what constitutes a backhanded compliment? Take my all-time favourite [and no offense to the individual who said this to me] - I was told one day that I should be a model [right] and my response was a very blunt "I'm not pretty enough to be a model." The response to the response? "Oh no, models these days are really ugly."

The Obsession... this week is comfort. Ever go through a period where all of your work or going out clothes seem so uncomfortable? Nothing seems to fit right, materials seem itchy, and you have a general feeling of insecurity in the clothes that once made you feel great. I've felt like this for at least a week and have not taken any enjoyment [for once] in getting ready to go to work or go out. This feeling differs from the "I have nothing to wear" feeling, and leans more toward "did it always fit like this?" Needless to say, my love affair with my sweats and dance clothes has taken over. Have plans with me this week? Hope you like Uggs.

The Frustration...is trying to narrow down my frustrations to write this paragraph. I've written, backspaced, written, backspaced, written, and backspaced this paragraph over the past twenty minutes, with each paragraph being written about a different topic. Just like the religion post last week, there is a tough balance between wanting to share your thoughts honestly, and wanting to preserve everyone's feelings. The only thing I can say about this weeks frustration is that I'm frustrated :)

The Shoutout... is to a fellow Disneylander and her sister who I've had the pleasure of seeing over the past week, and will have the pleasure of annoying for five whole days very soon. You two are so pretty, so funny, and so smart - I would have never enjoyed a meeting, let alone my job, as much as I do without you both. I hope you rest up for the next couple weeks, you never know if they'll make you put your face down there.

 Enjoy your evenings,

xxLM

PS - to all you ladies, check TryThis.BuyThat very soon for a very personal review of my new obsession. Dad, that one aint for you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

For those who wonder who said models are ugly, it was me, Mark Lundquist! Sorry :{

Post a Comment