Monday, March 15, 2010

MM: The Want List

First off: I know I bailed on Skincare Saturday - my apologies. I'd give you an excuse, but I don't have one.
Would it make you feel better to know that last night for the first time in about two years I slept with my makeup on? I know, I'm ashamed and all day I could hear my pores struggling for air. I tried to compensate with a quick mud pack masque but there was no justice served. Tomorrow night - painful facemask with 100% cider vinegar, no excuses.

Today for MM I thought I'd switch it up; instead of telling you what I own and how I use it, I'm going to go over a couple of my latest cosmetic lemmings. I always have at least a couple items on the brain, only after thorough research do they go on my official want list ... here are the lucky one's for March.

1. Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Blush: On a scale of 1 to 10, the purchase priority for one of these babies is around a twelve with the only reason as to why I don't own at least one, is because I haven't been able to find them in Canada yet. f*ck. I love cream blush - not only does it have better staying power, but the colour payoff always tends to be a little more natural. Similar to NARS, MUFE has gone the semi-dirty route to naming their shades - my current list includes Nip Slip, One Too Many, In The Spotlight, Starstruck, and PDA.

2. Sue Devitt Eye Intensifier Pencil: By far, my favourite eyeliner - I own this in Surat and Laos and both are beautiful. These pencils are thick, creamy, smudge beautifully, and last all day - isn't that all a girl could ask for? Sick. I've decided that Chiang-Mia will be the next colour to add to my collection - a soft charcoal/black that would work both with a smokey eye and a neutral everyday look when smudged into my lashline.

3. MAC Viva Glam GaGa Lipstick: Every year MAC comes out with a new celebrity-inspired shade of lipstick, always under the Viva Glam name - with all proceeds going to the MAC AIDS fund. Cyndi Lauper and Lady GaGa are the latest inspirations for colour and the GaGa shade is to die for. While Cyndi's coral shade is beautiful, the GaGa shade is the most gorgeous cool-toned pink I've ever seen. I could see this working on all skin tones as it can be layered for intensity. I've gone to MAC twice for this and both times it's been sold out. Third time's a charm?

4. Benefit Cosmetics Confessions of a Concealaholic: this is one of the few items on my list that I don't want to want. I'm always on the fence with Benefit products (except their Definer Liner, clear lip liner for any shade of lipstick or gloss, no feathering or fading...WIN). The benefit of this puppy is in it's convenience. You'd be surprised to know that I dont' normally carry any makeup around with me - it'd take too much time packing and repacking a travel makeup bag to fit whatever look I'm going for, so I skip it all together. These days, however, I'm finding I'm looking tired and strained and carrying a concealer would be a good idea. Knowing I use multiple types of concealer makes it a pain in the a** to pack them all, so I figured this kit is a great way to have a variety of quick fixes readily available without having to transfer it from purse to bathroom and vice versa.

5. Giorgio Armani Nude Contrasts Palette for Eyes:  So, so, so pretty. I've had a couple GA eyeshadows and they wear quite well, good payoff and never OTT. Only thing holding me back is my distaste for purchasing eyeshadows. I'm not a huge shadow fan and I prefer to add dimension to my eyes with liner or mascara, so adding more shadows to my collection isn't too appealing to me right now... why did I even include this? Backspace.

Sadly this list could go on forever, and after reviewing 2454 beauty photos from various Fall/Winter 2010 Fashion Week shows - my list has quadrupled, along with my list of dermatologic procedures. Hottest trends on the runway? Flawless skin, strong brows, precise liner, and coral lips. I do recall mentioning the importance of good brows very recently - and you thought I pulled all this sh*t out of my a**.

Love you all,

xxLM

0 comments:

Post a Comment