Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Inaugural...a clean laundry introduction


Welcome [insert your name here],
...to what? I'm not so sure yet. I've wanted to start a blog for a while now, I just never got around to actually setting one up. It wasn't until last week when my BFF Michele set up her blog that it motivated me to start mine (I'm what you call a joiner...with the exception of hard drugs, or kareoke. I.hate.kareoke). I thought I'd start out with a clean post as an introduction to me, this blog, and a preview of whats to come.

If this were my eHarmony profile, I'd describe myself as young, outgoing, smart and funny. Since I'm not here to impress anyone, my description of myself would be young, outoging, smart and funny - with a side of cynical, lightly judgemental, semi-uptight, very liberal, and brutally honest. Oh, and the "funny" term could also be misjudged as a smartass. My eHarmony interests would read something along the lines of good food, good conversation, forensics tv shows, and city living. All of those are my real life interests, but I dont know how many young fella's I'd attract if I included copious amounts of red wine, an unhealthy obsession with makeup and all things skincare and beauty, reality tv shows, a love of candy shared with my mother, all things fashion, tea & my disaster of a rescue kitty Ace. Appealing non?
[Note: I am not on eHarmony, nor am I in the market...]

Hence the reason for this blog - I believe a person can have many contrasting qualities, and the ways we alter ourselves to fit different social situations lets us bring out all different attributes or opinions we may not have known we have. I wanted to use the term Laundry because in my head, it's the perfect term to describe human nature, personality, and our thoughts and opinions: We all have the clean laundry we wear to go places, to see people, to portray ourselves as we'd like to be seen. Come home, and we have the dirty laundry that not many people see, you're somewhat embarassed of, or you hope no one ever finds out about.

Over time, I'll share with you both my clean and dirty laundry... and I'm sure you'll find that most of my thoughts are somewhere in between...

Until next time.... happy folding.

4 comments:

Michele and David said...

"Soiled Laundry?"

Anonymous said...

Haha...the laundry you need to throw out and hope never to see again :)

Jules said...

i would just buy a new computer chair.

Mattie said...

Soiled panties? Eww, can't believe I even just typed that word. Laura this is great! I can't wait to read more.

Post a Comment